Hi, my name is Jessica and, no matter where you may be in life, I believe you should travel solo anyway.
I'm a thirty-something Aussie living in Japan, and have been married for almost ten years.
Most people seem to think that solo travel and marriage don't mix, but I'm here to tell you that not only can it work, it can make for some of the best and healthiest marriages out there.
Many define solo travel as single's travel, but that is only one segment of the diverse range of people who decide to travel solo for a multitude of different reasons.
You're in the right place if:
- You're married (or in a relationship) and you travel (or want to travel) without your partner
- You're married (or in a relationship) and your partner travels (or wants to travel) without you
- You feel pressure not to travel solo because you are married, have a partner, have children, or because of your age or what those around you have to say about your solo travels
- You feel left out by current definitions or stereotypes of what it means to be a solo traveler
- You simply feel that who you are gets lost in everyday life, in your work or in your relationships
I chose the name Travel Solo Anyway with the intention of it having a double meaning and reading.
Travel Solo Anyway – No matter where you are in life or what others have to say about it, you can travel solo anyway.
Travel Solo Any Way – There is no right or wrong way, or one type of person, who can travel solo. You can do it any way you like.
In general, I want you to extend the idea of ‘solo travel' into an everyday mantra of independence.
I believe solo travel is closely tied with feeling confident in ourselves, as an individual with our own personality and interests, that is distinct and independent of our relationships with others.
I've traveled to around 60 countries, some of them multiple times, and I've done approximately half of my trips solo. I love to travel by myself and I love traveling with my husband too.
On this blog, I will share how we make it work.
Start here to learn more about solo travel while married and its advantages.